Opportunities in MPLS
Information about the MPLS ED&I Fellows, EDI Fund and EDI Awards
Every year, the MPLS Division recruits a cohort of ED&I Fellows. These are students and staff from different departments within the Division who are all passionate about advancing equality and diversity and making a positive change in the Division. Fellows work with the MPLS ED&I team, ED&I Steering Group and departmental ED&I leads on projects that they have a personal interest in and which contribute to the delivery of the MPLS ED&I action plan. Each fellow receives an honorarium of £1,000 to spend on personal and professional development.
Find out more about current and past ED&I Fellows and the work they have done.
Funding is available to support activities in departments to advance equality, diversity and inclusion.
Over each academic year, £8,000 is dispersed to departments in MPLS for ED&I activities that:
- Create new projects and initiatives;
- Enhance and support existing activity that has evidenced impact;
- Foster creative ideas to address existing disparities/inequalities pertaining to protected characteristics as described in the Equality Act 2010; or
- Pilot activity in a department for possible extension across the Division.
Find out more about past projects and how to apply for funding.
Every other year, alternating with the University-wide Diversity Awards, the MPLS awards recognise staff and students in the division who have gone above and beyond in their efforts to advance ED&I within our communities.
Find out about the 2021 award winners.
- Find out more about the ED&I Fellows
- Read about past ED&I projects and how to apply for funding
- Find out about the 2021 award winners