Awards will be made to individuals and projects or initiatives in five categories:
- Champion or Role Model – Student: Recognises students at all level who have inspired others through their actions and commitment to equality and diversity.
- Champion or Role Model – Staff: Recognises staff in any role and at any level of the institution who have demonstrated leadership on equality and diversity and influenced change within their department, faculty or college or the wider University.
- Inclusive culture: Recognises work to create a working, research or learning environment which values difference and in which everyone feels that they belong and can thrive.
- Diversifying participation: Recognises work to increase the participation of under-represented groups, for example in the workforce or student body, or to extend the reach of the University’s work to new audiences, including through outreach and public engagement.
- Promoting awareness: Recognises work to raise awareness and promote understanding of equality and diversity issues among the University community or work to influence public perceptions of the University as an institution committed to equality and diversity.
Nominations in the Champion or Role Model category are made by others. Nominations in the three project categories should be submitted by individuals or groups with direct involvement in implementing the piece of work.